Adsense Mobile Device Ad

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spread Love Around and It Will Come Back.

"If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life?  It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning.  This is harmony.  We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth." ~ Mitsugi Saotome


What would be the purpose in life, if there was no love?  I'm not only talking about romantic love, but love in general... love for your children, love for your family, love for your friends, love for animals, love for all beings, and love for yourself.

When we are first born, we are tiny beings that only know love.  As we grow, many of us learn that love is conditional, love can be cruel, and our hearts become jaded.  This cannot be true... for it it were, we would not be born as fully loving beings. I was one of the lucky ones that was able to experience both unconditional love and conditional love in my childhood.  I say that I am lucky, because I know what it means to experience both which has helped shape who I am today.  By having had both types of love, I often find myself being one who provides unconditional love to anyone who's in need of it.  I have to extend my appreciation to my grandparents (may they rest in peace) for being the source of unconditional love in my life.

What does unconditional love mean?  For me it means, loving another no matter what they say, do or think.  Always being that person that they can go to and talk to without fear of judgement or prosecution.  Always being that person to gently bring them back to love and life, help whenever and in whatever way possible without the need for it in return, and spreading your love to them knowing that it may not be reciprocated.

One of the most important things I've learned about love is... when you love yourself and spread that love around, it WILL come back to you.  As I've reflected back on my life, I see that on a whole I was always a very loving person.  I was the child that would make sure to hug and tell everyone that I loved them before leaving and I can say I always felt very loved.  I'm still that person today.  I also see the times in life when I was unloving towards others and judgemental towards them.  It's in those moments that I've felt the most unloved.  So, I say love with all you have and that love will be returned to you in one form or another.

Can you imagine how much better a world we would live in, if we all lived from a place of love instead of a place of fear, hate, and anger?

Wishing you much love and happiness,
Val





No comments:

Post a Comment