Adsense Mobile Device Ad

Friday, May 28, 2010

Going with the Flow of Life.

"As I open myself up to going with the flow of life... it continually surprises me in new, wonderful ways.  Relax and let life lead you where it may, you will be amazed at where it takes you." ~ Valerie O'Brien


Fifteen years ago, I went to college in a town near Lake Superior.  I fell in love with the water, lighthouses, and the beautiful, expansive nature around me.  After college, I moved around and went through many life experiences.  But Lake Superior kept calling to me... I would find myself choosing to take vacations near there.  Each time, I'd leave feeling good, yet sad that I was leaving.  

Two months ago, I went to visit an old friend near Lake Superior.  As I was driving and getting closer to the city, the entire panoramic view was laid out before me.  At that very moment, the first thought that ran through my head was "I'm home."  I thought to myself "Hmm... that's an odd thought. I'll have to think about this one." I had a great weekend that I spent walking around the lake and hiking.  Again, I left feeling really great that I had been there and sad that I was leaving.  Before this time, I had learned to start listening to my first gut reaction.  Due to that lesson, I went home and started thinking about all those thoughts and feelings I had.  

At this point, I was divorced, unemployed, and staying with friends, so I cautiously decided to see what jobs would be available there.  The next day, I sent out one resume and amazingly enough I got a response that day and had a job interview set up that same week.  Now this was pretty amazing to me, as I had been sending out resume after resume in the big metropolis where I was staying and had yet to even get a response.  So, again, I filed that away and thought to myself "Hmm... maybe this is where I'm supposed to be."  I didn't get the job, but continually felt pulled to go visit and look for jobs.

After a month of searching and visiting, I decided to be a little less cautious and actually move there.  I had a sense that a job or jobs would come, but this was where I needed and wanted to be.  So, I stopped fighting it.  All I can say is... in my entire life, this was the best decision I have ever made.

As soon as I got here, I felt whole and complete.  I still do not have a job, but I haven't been here long and they will come. With each day, I find that my thoughts, dreams, and inspirations are becoming clearer and more focused.  Again, I go back to my original quote...

"As I open myself up to going with the flow of life... it continually surprises me in new, wonderful ways.  Relax and let life lead you where it may, you will be amazed at where it takes you." ~ Valerie O'Brien

I hope this inspires you to listen to your heart.  When you get those little nudges to do something that might be scary or different, I hope, at the very least, you stop and think about them.  At the very best, I hope that you follow them while ignoring the fear, because you will be surprised.

Wishing you much love and happiness,
Val


No comments:

Post a Comment